Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Big News!!!

So I have a huge announcement to make, for those of you that don't know already...I am pregnant!!! I am due in October and we are very excited! I am at the exciting part of the pregnancy now, I am starting to waddle around and there is no way to hide the belly now. Also I think I am carrying a gymnast or the next karate kid, because I am being kicked or punched left right and center! It is a wonderful feeling. Sometimes at night I just lie down and watch my stomach move, which at first a little creepy (looks like an alien is moving inside, as you see your stomach move from the inside). Now it has turned into one of my favorite activities.

It took a while for us to get to this point so the anticipation is killing us, we are so excited to have this baby and be parents. The last month has been all about make room for baby. Easier said than done, boy did we collect a lot of crap over the years! The furniture has been ordered, I just got the bedding this week, which was way more difficult a task than I anticipated. Apparently now that everyone has the technology to find out what the sex of the baby is most people do, so looking for gender neutral bedding isn't easy.  It doesn't help that I am picky and had an idea in my mind which didn't involve, bunnies, elephants, giraffes or frogs!

So I'm almost in the home stretch, 3 1/2 more months to go! If your trying to do the math and can't figure it out, it's because women are pregnant for 10 months not 9!!!!!! Technically the first month doesn't count cause your not actually pregnant, but a full term pregnancy is 40 weeks which is 10 months. Why don't they just say 10 months, what made 9 the magic number?

In the future I definitely see this blog moving from the kitchen to the couch! As of now I am still cooking, I just have to manage my time a little better, so I'm not standing for more than a few hours. But I am feeling great now and am looking forward to the bounty of my vegetable garden and trips to the markets to see what else is coming in locally. Summer is the best time to explore and cook fresh delicious food. I signed up for a direct from the farm vegetable basket this year, which means that every thursday I get a basket of whatever is fresh from the farm that week, from now until mid november. This week is my first basket I will keep you updated on how that works out.

And of course many more updates on how my little eggplant is doing (every week the book I am reading compares the baby to a fruit or vegetable so we can gauge the size)

No comments:

Post a Comment