Thursday, July 14, 2011

Everything in the fridge pasta!

Here we go again! I have signed up for another summer/fall of the organic vegetable baskets. So today when I got home at 6:30 I realized I haven't been to the grocery store all week. Lucky for me my vegetable crisper was overflowing with our new crop!

So here is the starting line up:
Tomatoes (from my garden)
Basil (from my garden)
eggplant (from costco :(
zucchini (from the farm basket)
swiss chard (from my garden) I know it's weird but I have to use so I figured a strange substitute for spinach)
garlic (from the farm basket)
chili flakes
parmesan
gluten free spaghetti

This is not really a recipe but for those of you that need directions here goes:
Saute the eggplant until soft over med heat with some olive oil, add the zucchini. 


Once the zucchini are soft add the tomatoes, garlic
& chili flakes. I add a bit of the pasta water to make it more of a sauce.



When your pasta is almost ready add the swiss chard and the basil.



Add the pasta to the sauce and grate parmesan toss and serve!










This entire meal can be prepared in 30 mins. The ingredients can be adjusted to what veggies you have in your fridge, I have used asparagus, broccoli, if you happen to have some Pancetta it really makes it yummy. Buffalo Mozzarella or bocconcini are good too.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment